Archway Apothecary for Feline Medicine
We care about happy, healthy cats.
“How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven.”
—Robert A. Heinlein
You can turn to Archway Apothecary for hard-to-find medications, unique, compliance-friendly dosage forms like tasty, chewable tablets, tiny tic-tac size pills, transdermal gel applicator, more than 30 feline-friendly flavors like fish, liver, chicken and beef, and custom-compounded medications to meet your exact specifications and here’s why:
- Feline compliance with medication regimes is not a joke when compliance makes the difference between good health and illness. Compliance, of course, is tied directly to cats’ health.
- The rate of compliance for chronic medication is just 76%. That means an astounding 24% of pets aren’t being treated with the medications they need to live healthy lives—and in some cases, simply to live.
- Pet owners who are shown one or more ways to administer medication had a significantly higher rate of compliance (73% vs. 59% for those not shown). Yet, only 43% of practices show pet owners how to administer medication.
- 60% of owners would pay more for medication that is palatable or easy to administer.
- 93% of veterinarians say that compliance monitoring has a positive impact on their practice.
- 72% of pet owners would like to receive information in writing about their pets’ medication so they could refer back to it.
A cat, as feline-medicine specialists know well, is not a little dog. They experience the world differently than “man’s best friend,” there are fewer medications made for cats than dogs, and cats metabolize medications differently—if they’ll take their medicine. While a well-placed dab of peanut butter or chunk of bacon might fool a dog into downing a bitter pill, the cats in your care aren’t always so compliant.